There are times in life when we are forced to let go of something that plays a large part in our self image. In doing so, we have to establish a new identity with a new definition of self–for better or worse. My makeup and body products were that something for me. Not too “deep” of me, I know. But, I am a girly, girl. At the core of who I am, I love fragrance, makeup, hairspray, in other words, everything that is probably terrible for my health from a toxicity standpoint.
While I wish that I could claim that I gave those products up as a proactive move to better my health, and the environment, I must confess that I was forced to quit using them. I am extremely chemically sensitive now. My body cannot tolerate perfumes, sulfates, petroleum-based additives, chemicals, etc.
I wasn’t always this way, though. So, what does that mean? What caused this “sudden” hypersensitivity to products I had used forever? Does it have anything to do with mold?