I had a completely different post planned for today, but life happens. The thing that happened in mine was my daughter getting sick, again. Because of how far we have come and the fact that we have all recovered so much since getting out of the toxic mold, for the most part, our days of good health definitely outnumber our sick days now. Today was different, though. It brought me back to a darker place and really made me think about some times that I would rather forget. Fortunately, this blog has been a huge blessing to me, and I am able to write through and share some of those feelings. It also rewards my spirit to feel that sharing what I have learned with you could help someone out there struggling with mold, environmental or chronic illness too.
To get you up to speed a little, my sweet 8-year-old daughter took a significant mold hit the other day. She went to play at a friend’s house for a few hours. When I arrived to pick her up, I found her outside in their playhouse, where the girls had been “camping” and laying in musty sleeping bags for hours in what smelled to me like an incredibly moldy playhouse. The minute I detected mold, I panicked, because I know how her body reacts. Today, she finally succumbed to her immune system going haywire. She is currently sound asleep upstairs, but had an agonizing evening of headaches, sinus pressure and even severe nausea from vertigo. She is a tough cookie, though, and knows the signs of her body reacting to mold. She told me right away about how she was feeling when her headaches started.