Sometimes, It’s The Things You CANNOT See That Matter The Most to Your Health
You may have read the title and freaked out a little. Mold micro-particulates? Are you kidding? Something else to worry about when it comes to my home and my health?!!!!
Believe me, I get it. If you are already having to deal with mold in your home and with trying to either get your mind around the task of remediating it yourself, or getting your finances set up to have it professionally remediated, the absolute last thing you want to have to worry about is a tinier form of contaminant that you must take into consideration. You are probably wondering, “Will it ever end?”
Well, I am here to tell you that the existence of micro-particulates as they relate to molds and bio-contaminants are not something to be afraid of, but, rather, something that you NEED to properly understand. This is, because, if you understand micro-particulates, aka the mold that you cannot see, you will be looking at your home and what is ailing it through the lens of a toxicologist, fully aware of the mechanisms that all of the many microscopic organisms also living in your home employ to hide, disperse, and stay alive, so that they can again flourish and multiply. With this new perspective your mold remediation attempts will be made much more successful, because you will not be ignoring these highly-allergenic and inflammatory hangers-on that are often missed and keep mold sufferers sick and reacting, even when the source of the mold has been removed.
Ok, so let’s get started by first defining exactly what micro-particulates are and how they differ from what we understand about your average mold spore and properly cleaning up a “sick” or water-damaged home.